The CIC is a valuable resource in connecting you to local training providers to meet your upcoming and ongoing training needs. Our team has a strong reputation for developing curriculum specific to the needs of business. This great attribute has allowed us to build and retain local employees and better meet the needs of the ever-changing business climate.
Within 45 minutes of our community are 13 traditional colleges and universities, many among the best in the nation. The Greater Springfield area is home to three prominent colleges - Wittenberg University, Cedarville University and Clark State Community college, with Urbana University just up the road in Champaign county. These vital institutions bring taltented young people into our community and are an invaluable resource of knowledge and involvement with the community.
Clark State Training
- Corporate and Community Services department caters to the business community
- Serves as the focal point for training and adult education for the individual and the employer
- Provides customized education and training by creating programs requested by business and industry or by finding the resources through an existing supplier
The many traditional two and four-year colleges in the vicinity offer ways for adults to obtain undergraduate degrees or advanced degrees in ways that meet their schedules.
- Wittenberg University’s School of Community Education is a way for adults and other nontraditional students to engage in both credited and non-credited learning activities.
- Urbana University offered the first nontraditional degree completion program of its kind in the state, serving the needs of the adult learner who has had significant life experiences and previous college credit.
- McGregor School at Antioch College in Yellow Springs offers a degree completion program in addition to Masters degrees in management, social sciences, arts, writing, humanities and education.
Within easy commute or relocation are also collegetiate mainstays like Wright State, Central State, Wilberforce, University of Dayton, Antioch, Sinclair Community College in Dayton and Edison Community College. Ohio State is also less than an hour’s drive from downtown Springfield. In fact, the central Ohio area has a major concentration of engineering, technology and science experts.