Training and Development
If you're trying to grow your exisiting workforce and train them for new or existing business, you'll find Greater Springfield the perfect place. Our community offers many services to deliver the training and development you'll need.
OhioMeansJobs Clark County
- Assistance with recruitment
- Screening/testing of basic skills of applicants
- Labor market information
- Local hiring coordinator
- Facilities for applicant interviews
- Access to computers for testing purposes
Clark State Community College Training
- Corporate and Community Services department caters to the business community
- Serves as the focal point for training and adult education for the individual and the employer
- Provides customized education and training by creating programs requested by business and industry or by finding the resources through an existing supplier
- Wittenberg University’s School of Community Education is a way for adults and other nontraditional students to engage in both credited and non-credited learning activities.
- Urbana University offered the first nontraditional degree completion program of its kind in the state, serving the needs of the adult learner who has had significant life experiences and previous college credit.
- McGregor School at Antioch College in Yellow Springs offers a degree completion program in addition to Masters degrees in management, social sciences, arts, writing, humanities and education.
- The Springfield-Clark Career Technology Center is a vocational high school that serves students from every district in the county, focusing on career goals through hands-on vocational-technical curriculum.
- Opportunities for Individual Change (OIC) provides services designed to eliminate poverty, unemployment and illiteracy in Clark County.
- Global Impact STEM Academy is an early-college high school focused in STEM career fields.
- Internships, Apprenticeships and College Tech Prep programs in local high schools prepare students for high-demand careers or furthering their education in a wide range of academic disciplines.